Progression Between Levels at Coach's Discretion
1. New to Boxing
- Customized, small-group training to learn the basics
- learn boxing basics: stance, jan, cross
- Learn to move forward and backward
2. Novice Recreational Member
- Major emphasis on fitness and skill development
- learn punch combinations on heavy bag and hand pads
- box while moving in all directions
- lear basic defence
- body weight strength exercises
3. Registered Athlete
- Registration with Boxing Ontario with referral from coach
- Consistent participation leading to improved skills
- Heavy focus on defence
- live, supervised boxing situations
4. Recreational Competitor
- Scheduled boxing training (minimum 3 classes a week)
- Cardio and skills homework
- 0-10 fights
5. Tournament Competition
- Represent the club at provincial tournaments
- Increase defensive skills
- strength and conditioning homework
6. High-performance Athlete
- Team Canada potential
- Competes regularly at national and international events
- Balances work/school with boxing
Membership at the Beaver Boxing Club is one of the most affordable sports memberships you will find in Ottawa! We are a not-for-profit organization able to provide exceptional training thanks to our numerous volunteers.
To sign-up for a membership drop by the club or email for more information.
Student/Youth Membership prices $50 monthly
Youth Boxing Class | Tue/Thu 5:15-6:00pm. Sat 10:30am.
Youth must be 16 or older or accompanied by an adult if they wish to train on their own, outside of Youth Technical Classes.