Progression Between Levels at Coach's Discretion
1. New to Boxing
- Customized, small-group training to learn the basics
- learn boxing basics: stance, jan, cross
- Learn to move forward and backward
2. Novice Recreational Member
- Major emphasis on fitness and skill development
- learn punch combinations on heavy bag and hand pads
- box while moving in all directions
- lear basic defence
- body weight strength exercises
3. Registered Athlete
- Registration with Boxing Ontario with referral from coach
- Consistent participation leading to improved skills
- Heavy focus on defence
- live, supervised boxing situations
4. Recreational Competitor
- Scheduled boxing training (minimum 3 classes a week)
- Cardio and skills homework
- 0-10 fights
5. Tournament Competition
- Represent the club at provincial tournaments
- Increase defensive skills
- strength and conditioning homework
6. High-performance Athlete
- Team Canada potential
- Competes regularly at national and international events
- Balances work/school with boxing
Membership at the Beaver Boxing Club is one of the most affordable sports memberships you will find in Ottawa! We are a not-for-profit organization able to provide exceptional training thanks to our numerous volunteers.
To sign-up for a membership drop by the club or email for more information.
Youth Membership prices $50 monthly
Youth Technical BoxingTue/Thu 4:30 pm - 5:15 pm Sat 10:30 am - 11:15 am
The Starting point for all new athletes in the program. The focus of this group is learning the basics of boxing - stance, punches, footwork, with a focus on having fun while learning to box. We will install respect for the rules of sport and the club's values. There will be three classes a week offered to this group and there are no requirements to meet a minimum attendance level.
Competition Development A (CDA)Tue/Thu 4:30 pm - 5:15 pm Sat 10:30 am - 11:15 am.
Boxers who are able to demonstrate a good understanding of the basis and wish to do more will be tested and if they meet the established minimum requirements they will be moved to CDA. In this class there is a requirement to attend 2 classes per week. There is no contract in this group, instead they will continue to work on and develop their punching mechanics, footwork, defensive skills and conditioning.
Competition Development B (CDB)Tue/Thu 6:15 pm - 7:00 pm Sat 10:30 am - 11:15 am
Boxers who are able to demonstrate proper skills and have base level conditioning will be places in CDB. This group will continue to work on their boxing skills and conditioning and they will also be exposed to contact drills and sparring Boxers in the program must attend three classes a week and are encouraged to have their own equipment but for those requiring it the club will provide. This is not quite ready to compete but they are moving in the direction. Coachability is key and for boxers who are not coachable they will be placed ack in CDA or Technical Boxing. Boxing in the group will be consider for training camps and extreme sparring if the is a fit.
Youth CompetitionTue/Thu 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm Sat 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Boxers who are have shown us, they are ring ready will be mover to competition with Boxing Ontarui, and are strongly encouraged to have their own equipment. This gruop continues to fous on boxing white nee able t attend club shows, torunaments, training camps and pre-arranged sparring at other clubs.
Youth must be 16 or older or accompanied by an adult if they wish to train on their own, outside of Youth Technical Classes.